21 Day Goal Challenge
Studies have shown that people who have goals are significantly more likely to be successful. Studies have also shown that people who write down their goals are a staggering 97% more likely to achieve their goals than those people who do not write them.
So here is my challenge to you. Write your goals down every day for 21 days. Every day start with a clean page in your notebook and, without looking at the previous days goals, write down your goals. Why? Here are a few reasons:
- Writing down your goals will create clarity.
- Writing down your goals daily will keep you focused.
- Identifying your goals will lead to a plan for executing actions to achieve the goals.
- Writing your goals down allows you to access more areas of your brain:
- Visual – you are looking at what you are writing with your eyes
- Touch – by physically writing
- Thinking – you are consciously thinking about your goals
- Writing down your goals inspires and motivates you to action.
Think on Paper
Brian Tracy said “You have the ability, right now, to exceed all your previous levels of accomplishment. Virtually anything you could ever want to be, have or do is achievable with learning and hard work. Any system or blueprint for success is better than none at all. Think on paper. Decide exactly what you want in every area of your life; you can’t hit a target you can’t see.”
After 21 days of writing your goals, you will find that you are now laser focused on them. Try it. I promise you’ll find the value in the exercise.